COURSE, DISTANCES & START TIMES
The course is a 4k out-and-back loop from the South Maroubra Surf Life Saving Club. 8k runners do two laps.
Wheelers start at 9:30am. All runners start together at 9:35 am. Walkers start at 9:40am. Please come early – allow enough time to collect your race bib number and timing tag.
Map produced in 2013 with the assistance of Randwick City Council.
NB. In 2013 Randwick City Council has made a slight change to the route to lessen any potential inconvenience for local residents. The race route now proceeds straight across Broome Street from the top of Manwaring Avenue, turns left and moves down Broome Street to Fitzgerald Avenue. The extra distance required will be accommodated in the Bernie Kelly Drive, the Byrne reserve access road. Council sincerely apologises for the change and trusts that it has not inconvenienced any race entrants. The route is now more direct.
2016 The Juniors MAROUBRA FUN RUN ROUTE
- Veer to the RIGHT of the roundabout when you leave Arthur Byrne Reserve, go around the roundabout and onto Fitzgerald Avenue then turn left into Malabar Road.
- Continue straight ahead(south) through the Beauchamp Road roundabout into the southern section of Malabar Road.
- You then divert to the left onto the recently upgraded shared path along a pleasant tree-lined corridor. Then you veer left into the bottom of Manwaring Avenue and travel up our own
- Heartbreak Hill, known locally as Mount Manwaring. At the T-junction with Broome Street go straight ahead, across to the far side of the street, turn left past the drinks station and then go back down Broome Street, into Fitzgerald Avenue then back into to Byrne Reserve.
- When you return to Byrne Reserve ALL competitors are required to keep to the right of the access road, Bernie Kelly Drive. ALL competitors(i.e. both 4K & 8K) then proceed to the turnaround and when you have turned please once again keep to the right .
- 4K runners, walkers and wheelers then peel off to the right across the reserve to the finish line and the 8K runners continue straight on and begin their second lap.
- When the 8K runners return to the park they once again continue down to the turnaround on the right of Bernie Kelly Drive, turn, keep to the right and then peel off to the right to the finish line.
Should you have any enquiries about the course please phone Richard or Philip on 9311 0088.